Skip to main content

Peek into the jungle beyond - Week 10

 


This week SimonsaysStamp Monday challenge was to "Add some green", I combined that with Gwen Lafleur "Interactive ATC" workshop to create this gorgeous project.

I wanted to recreate an old Indian fort window with lovely outer frame and lattice work shutters for a long time but was blocked on what to add underneath the shutters. Finally I was able to draw the beautiful jungle using different shades of green Distress Oxide and posca pens. The parrots were printed and collaged (Image Credit - freepik)

The doodle stencils from Craftangles and Mudra were used to create the topmost layer and were colored with posca pens.

The red arch of the window was stamped with Mudra stamp and colored along with  yellow background using DistressOxide. The lattice work was done using Gel paste and Craftangles stencil. Distress glazes in Fossilized Amber and Tattered Rose were added when the paste was wet. When the paste was dry it was heat embossed and the background  was colored using Distress Crayons in Squeezed Lemonade and Twisted Citron.
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resist It - Week 6 2021

  For Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Resist It The background was done with loads of colors using Distress oxides. I wanted the background to be important part of the piece, so I decided to create resist pattern.I used Stencilgirl Gwen Lafleur's stencil with versamark watermark and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. I ensured that I placed the stencil so the different colors were present in the resist pattern. I then covered the rest of background with shades of brown Distress Oxide (oxide being opaque covered the bright colors). I used Distress inks on top of oxide to get more vibrant shade. The corners were stamped and heat embossed with gold. The focal image consists of filigree chipboard which was embossed with chunky and fine embossing powders  in different shades of gold.  The medallion in the middle is two circular cardstock pieces placed one on top of the other. Outer circle was decorated with seed beads and bugle while inner circle has rhinestone chain and sta

Collage - Bird of Paradise

Gwen Lafleur is an amazing artist, I love her style of work. I am big fan of her art. I have learnt a lot from her projects and with lockdown going on she is hosting many online classes. This gave me perfect opportunity to learn from her. I have enrolled to most of them and  having fun while learning.  These classes have broadened my horizon and so many new techniques to learn .Since I dont  have many products with me, I have chosen alternative solutions ( on normal day would have ordered stuff immediately). It is challenging and brings immense satisfaction when it turns out great. The collage is of birds of paradise on brown background which is mounted on black card stock. The background is made with burnt sienna, raw umber and burnt umber along with Distress paints vintage photo and walnut stain. Various stencils from stencilgirl were used to add interest in white. The bird was created with  collage papers in shades of orange and green. I also used scrapbook pape

Gwen's Getting Edgy Class

I breathed,lived, dreamt and worked this journal for 3 weeks. If there was project which I could do for ever this would be it. It is my most favorite and cherished one. I tried and experimented so many new things. The theme I chose was India and I tried my hand at zentangle for this project and I fell in love with it. I am sure it would be part of all my projects from now on. Backgrounds were done with distress inks and acrylic paints. Foreground with so many different things - stencils, hand carved blocks, drawings, Distessinks, Posca markers, Sakura gelly roll, Embossing powder, PITT pens . The first page depicts the Indian swan or Hansa drawn and colored in the South Indian style. The  second page is Gaja or elephant , it was free colouring page resource which I found. Paisley or the Butta pattern in zentangle is the third page. Lotus or the Kamal is fourth pattern while  Gwen's Curvy Ornamental Stencil forms the fifth pattern The Flower