Skip to main content

Embark On New Adventure




I usually start with blank page however this time I picked a journal page which had left over textures from previous projects (Whenever I have bit of modelling paste or gesso remaining, I apply it on piece of paper so that I can use it later). 

The background was then layered with acrylic paints which were watered down and blended to form rich earthy tone.b Starting with darker color at the edges i progressed to lighter shades in the center. 
Burnt umber, Raw Sienna, Burnt Sienna mixed were used with Titanium white  to form different tints.
The foreground was done with Lindy's sprays in blue and green, also few distress sprays were used. They were further watered down by spritzing on them. Different stencils from Stencilgirl and craftangles were used to create patterns.
The main focal point was multi layered with  acrylic skin forming the base layer.
The skin was created using Finnabair Gold Nugget Paste with pinch of bronze paint applied through craftangle stencil. The next layer was done with Liquetex glass beads and black acrylic ink. The mixture was applied through Seth Apter's stencil on deli paper. Deli paper being translucent makes makes the skin and this layer cohesive. Next glass beads and micro beads from Itsybitsy were used around the skin. The inner space was filled with rhinestones in green from Itsybitsy. 
Chipboard and paper clay ornament colored with Finnabair waxes completed this piece.
The paper clay piece was made to popup further with Golden deep iridescent gold (this is mixed with Golden polymer medium to make it liquid consistency) which is pipped through the Fineline Applicator.
TimHoltz chitchat stickers were stuck and enhanced with Sakura glaze pens in black and white. The  Sakura pens were also used around borders to give more definition.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keep going - Week 5 2021

  Hectic week  so a quick card made with texture paste and heat embossing. The focal image was   stamped with wooden blocks with Delicata Ink . Since ink remains wet I was able to pour embossing powder and heat emboss it.

Peek into the jungle beyond - Week 10

  This week SimonsaysStamp Monday challenge was to "Add some green", I combined that with Gwen Lafleur  "Interactive ATC" workshop to create this gorgeous project. I wanted to recreate an old Indian fort window with lovely outer frame and lattice work shutters  for a long time but was blocked on what to add underneath the shutters. Finally I was able to draw the beautiful jungle using different shades of green Distress Oxide and posca pens. The parrots were printed and collaged (Image Credit - freepik) The doodle stencils from Craftangles and Mudra were used to create the topmost layer and were colored with posca pens. The red arch of the window was stamped with Mudra stamp and colored along with  yellow background using DistressOxide . The lattice work was done using Gel paste and Craftangles stencil. Distress glazes in Fossilized Amber and Tattered Rose were added when the paste was wet. When the paste was dry it was heat embossed and the background ...

Patchwork Page - Week 8 2021

  Many a times I dont create for weeks due to various reasons, so this year I resolved to do art every week.  SimonsaysStamp  Monday Challenge became perfect way for me to keep creating with new topic every week. Meanwhile I have huge backlog of Gwen Lafleur classes which I needed to watch and create. I have already started enrolling for her 2021 classes ( do check her blog for details, first one is in March end). So I decided to combine challenge and online class project and result is this week project from Patchwork pages class. Background was collaged with scrapbook papers, collage papers, images and washi tape. Crackle paste and  glass beads paste was applied through stencils. I added brown and  gold to blend papers in certain places and followed rest of steps from class. The patch work was done using Distress paints and then stenciled and stamped. I added mark making with posca pens and golden paints. The medallion was metal piece that w...