Skip to main content

Experimentation - Dark on Light

This journal page was an experimentation and deviation from my usual style of dark background.

The background was done using Craftangle stencil which was repeated multiple times to cover the entire page. Liquitex acrylic and Posco markers were used for stenciling. The end result was gorgeous and vibrant . To attract attention to the focal piece I had to push the background ,so I used a dirty glaze  (which I learnt from Gwen Lafleur) over the entire page. It is matte medium mixed with Van dyke brown and Micaceous iron oxide.
I added some stamping using Archival Distress Inks in Vintage photo, Black soot and Hickory smoke. Also darkened the edges with same inks.

The focal image is my all time favorite. I used Prima molds with paper clay and created the top,bottom and side pieces. The middle part was created using several chipboard pieces from Itsybitsy. They were layered to give dimension.The angel with wings is again created using Prima mold. All pieces were colored with Finnabair waxes and metallique paints to make them gorgeous and shining.
The pieces were made into one cohesive unit by using micro and seed beads from ItsyBitsy in various colors. Hope you all  liked this piece.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keep going - Week 5 2021

  Hectic week  so a quick card made with texture paste and heat embossing. The focal image was   stamped with wooden blocks with Delicata Ink . Since ink remains wet I was able to pour embossing powder and heat emboss it.

Peek into the jungle beyond - Week 10

  This week SimonsaysStamp Monday challenge was to "Add some green", I combined that with Gwen Lafleur  "Interactive ATC" workshop to create this gorgeous project. I wanted to recreate an old Indian fort window with lovely outer frame and lattice work shutters  for a long time but was blocked on what to add underneath the shutters. Finally I was able to draw the beautiful jungle using different shades of green Distress Oxide and posca pens. The parrots were printed and collaged (Image Credit - freepik) The doodle stencils from Craftangles and Mudra were used to create the topmost layer and were colored with posca pens. The red arch of the window was stamped with Mudra stamp and colored along with  yellow background using DistressOxide . The lattice work was done using Gel paste and Craftangles stencil. Distress glazes in Fossilized Amber and Tattered Rose were added when the paste was wet. When the paste was dry it was heat embossed and the background ...

Patchwork Page - Week 8 2021

  Many a times I dont create for weeks due to various reasons, so this year I resolved to do art every week.  SimonsaysStamp  Monday Challenge became perfect way for me to keep creating with new topic every week. Meanwhile I have huge backlog of Gwen Lafleur classes which I needed to watch and create. I have already started enrolling for her 2021 classes ( do check her blog for details, first one is in March end). So I decided to combine challenge and online class project and result is this week project from Patchwork pages class. Background was collaged with scrapbook papers, collage papers, images and washi tape. Crackle paste and  glass beads paste was applied through stencils. I added brown and  gold to blend papers in certain places and followed rest of steps from class. The patch work was done using Distress paints and then stenciled and stamped. I added mark making with posca pens and golden paints. The medallion was metal piece that w...