Skip to main content

Fairy School Box

My daughter brought home my old school box during trip from Grandma's. This was an aluminium box which I had taken to school when I was young. I cleaned it and ripped the old cloth and it was all ready for transformation.

She wanted it converted into fairy box. I have never done such a big project so I attempted smaller scale version few months back with shoe box. 
The entire aluminium box lid was painted with Plaidcrafts multi surface paint in white. Since the surface was metal and very smooth ,for better adhesion I used this paint. Also I wanted a very thin layer of paint . The lid was then painted with yellow,blue, green and pink by using baby wipe . The effect was smooth blended and stunning. 


Graphic45 papers from collection "Fairy Dust" and "Once Upon A Time" were used for covering the box and for fussy cut .The bottom part of the box and the edges were glued with these papers.The lid has beautiful fussy cut images.

Each and every fussy cut piece edges were inked with Archival ink in vintage photo and varnished for miore strength. Fairy wings were layered with yet another layer of fussy cut wings ( few even had three layers  and were stuck with foam stickers for popup effect). Ranger Diamond stickles were added to add glitter and extra pop. The dresses were layered and embossed with various embossing powder.

Itsybitsy chipboards were painted with acrylic markers, few were heat embossed with green, brown embossing powders. Handmade flowers, stems and leaves from Itsybitsy enhanced the 3d effect.


Fairy tale creatures like pixies, rabbits and mouse were layered with fussy cut images and so were many flowers. Wink of Stella was used to extra shimmer to these flowers and creatures.

The bottom and interior was decoupaged with various papers.The interior lid has fussy cut flowers stuck.


This project took me long time because of size, weird shape of box, metal surface and I ran out of pretty papers. But worth all the effort. Do let me know your comments.To know more about fussy cutting check out this link.Anna has explained well and she even has videos on fuzzy cutting.


A few more close up shots of the various pieces in the box.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keep going - Week 5 2021

  Hectic week  so a quick card made with texture paste and heat embossing. The focal image was   stamped with wooden blocks with Delicata Ink . Since ink remains wet I was able to pour embossing powder and heat emboss it.

Peek into the jungle beyond - Week 10

  This week SimonsaysStamp Monday challenge was to "Add some green", I combined that with Gwen Lafleur  "Interactive ATC" workshop to create this gorgeous project. I wanted to recreate an old Indian fort window with lovely outer frame and lattice work shutters  for a long time but was blocked on what to add underneath the shutters. Finally I was able to draw the beautiful jungle using different shades of green Distress Oxide and posca pens. The parrots were printed and collaged (Image Credit - freepik) The doodle stencils from Craftangles and Mudra were used to create the topmost layer and were colored with posca pens. The red arch of the window was stamped with Mudra stamp and colored along with  yellow background using DistressOxide . The lattice work was done using Gel paste and Craftangles stencil. Distress glazes in Fossilized Amber and Tattered Rose were added when the paste was wet. When the paste was dry it was heat embossed and the background ...

Patchwork Page - Week 8 2021

  Many a times I dont create for weeks due to various reasons, so this year I resolved to do art every week.  SimonsaysStamp  Monday Challenge became perfect way for me to keep creating with new topic every week. Meanwhile I have huge backlog of Gwen Lafleur classes which I needed to watch and create. I have already started enrolling for her 2021 classes ( do check her blog for details, first one is in March end). So I decided to combine challenge and online class project and result is this week project from Patchwork pages class. Background was collaged with scrapbook papers, collage papers, images and washi tape. Crackle paste and  glass beads paste was applied through stencils. I added brown and  gold to blend papers in certain places and followed rest of steps from class. The patch work was done using Distress paints and then stenciled and stamped. I added mark making with posca pens and golden paints. The medallion was metal piece that w...