Skip to main content

Gwen's Getting Edgy Class


I breathed,lived, dreamt and worked this journal for 3 weeks. If there was project which I could do for ever this would be it. It is my most favorite and cherished one.

I tried and experimented so many new things. The theme I chose was India and I tried my hand at zentangle for this project and I fell in love with it. I am sure it would be part of all my projects from now on.

Backgrounds were done with distress inks and acrylic paints.
Foreground with so many different things - stencils, hand carved blocks, drawings, Distessinks, Posca markers, Sakura gelly roll, Embossing powder, PITT pens .


The first page depicts the Indian swan or Hansa drawn and colored in the South Indian style.



The  second page is Gaja or elephant , it was free colouring page resource which I found.
Paisley or the Butta pattern in zentangle is the third page.

Lotus or the Kamal is fourth pattern while  Gwen's Curvy Ornamental Stencil forms the fifth pattern


The Flower Motif in pastel colors formed the sixth paterrn.

I was contemplating what to draw for the last two patterns and pinterest offered many inspirations. Thus Peepal leaf and Mandala became the last two in the series. The mandala is from "thecraftshop" and flower motif from "craftslane"



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keep going - Week 5 2021

  Hectic week  so a quick card made with texture paste and heat embossing. The focal image was   stamped with wooden blocks with Delicata Ink . Since ink remains wet I was able to pour embossing powder and heat emboss it.

Peek into the jungle beyond - Week 10

  This week SimonsaysStamp Monday challenge was to "Add some green", I combined that with Gwen Lafleur  "Interactive ATC" workshop to create this gorgeous project. I wanted to recreate an old Indian fort window with lovely outer frame and lattice work shutters  for a long time but was blocked on what to add underneath the shutters. Finally I was able to draw the beautiful jungle using different shades of green Distress Oxide and posca pens. The parrots were printed and collaged (Image Credit - freepik) The doodle stencils from Craftangles and Mudra were used to create the topmost layer and were colored with posca pens. The red arch of the window was stamped with Mudra stamp and colored along with  yellow background using DistressOxide . The lattice work was done using Gel paste and Craftangles stencil. Distress glazes in Fossilized Amber and Tattered Rose were added when the paste was wet. When the paste was dry it was heat embossed and the background ...

Patchwork Page - Week 8 2021

  Many a times I dont create for weeks due to various reasons, so this year I resolved to do art every week.  SimonsaysStamp  Monday Challenge became perfect way for me to keep creating with new topic every week. Meanwhile I have huge backlog of Gwen Lafleur classes which I needed to watch and create. I have already started enrolling for her 2021 classes ( do check her blog for details, first one is in March end). So I decided to combine challenge and online class project and result is this week project from Patchwork pages class. Background was collaged with scrapbook papers, collage papers, images and washi tape. Crackle paste and  glass beads paste was applied through stencils. I added brown and  gold to blend papers in certain places and followed rest of steps from class. The patch work was done using Distress paints and then stenciled and stamped. I added mark making with posca pens and golden paints. The medallion was metal piece that w...