Skip to main content

Matchbook Mini





Gwen Lafleur has amazing tutorials on her faceboopk group. She has projects with tutorials and templates uploaded on the group for the members to view and try. I tried latest "Matchbook Mini" journal.

This was my first attempt with junk journal and I loved doing it. It is a tedious process unlike art journal or mixed media project since each page is project on its own. It was worth the effort and I was so happy the way it turned out. 

I wanted to have focal images of red and orange throught the project with birds/flowers as the theme. 

The project gave me the right oppurtunity to use graphic fairy images. I printed them on rough side of rice paper. Rice paper can be fussy cut and stuck to the project seamlessly, since these papers are thin and transucent when stuck they blend with background. You can even see the background text through the images, also they dont need to be sealed before use.

Below are the images of various pages of journal  filled with collages ad paints. I am hooked to distreess crayons, they are so versatile and easy to use.



The lily was printed on rice paper and then stuck on to stamped background. You can see the image peeking through the petals.

Below background was done using distress crayons and washi tape. The flower was doodled and colored using posca and gelly roll pens.







My favorite of all is the Queen of flowers on the last page.






 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keep going - Week 5 2021

  Hectic week  so a quick card made with texture paste and heat embossing. The focal image was   stamped with wooden blocks with Delicata Ink . Since ink remains wet I was able to pour embossing powder and heat emboss it.

Peek into the jungle beyond - Week 10

  This week SimonsaysStamp Monday challenge was to "Add some green", I combined that with Gwen Lafleur  "Interactive ATC" workshop to create this gorgeous project. I wanted to recreate an old Indian fort window with lovely outer frame and lattice work shutters  for a long time but was blocked on what to add underneath the shutters. Finally I was able to draw the beautiful jungle using different shades of green Distress Oxide and posca pens. The parrots were printed and collaged (Image Credit - freepik) The doodle stencils from Craftangles and Mudra were used to create the topmost layer and were colored with posca pens. The red arch of the window was stamped with Mudra stamp and colored along with  yellow background using DistressOxide . The lattice work was done using Gel paste and Craftangles stencil. Distress glazes in Fossilized Amber and Tattered Rose were added when the paste was wet. When the paste was dry it was heat embossed and the background ...

Patchwork Page - Week 8 2021

  Many a times I dont create for weeks due to various reasons, so this year I resolved to do art every week.  SimonsaysStamp  Monday Challenge became perfect way for me to keep creating with new topic every week. Meanwhile I have huge backlog of Gwen Lafleur classes which I needed to watch and create. I have already started enrolling for her 2021 classes ( do check her blog for details, first one is in March end). So I decided to combine challenge and online class project and result is this week project from Patchwork pages class. Background was collaged with scrapbook papers, collage papers, images and washi tape. Crackle paste and  glass beads paste was applied through stencils. I added brown and  gold to blend papers in certain places and followed rest of steps from class. The patch work was done using Distress paints and then stenciled and stamped. I added mark making with posca pens and golden paints. The medallion was metal piece that w...