Skip to main content

Collage mini book

 I enrolled for Seth Apter's class in June 2020. I  as usual started it late,so to make up for it I gave it my best. 

I am proud of the project and how it turned out.

I tried maintaining theme of vintage or circular throughout the book. I also added collage in different ways, sometimes covering entirte page with papers others cutting papers in different shapes or patterns.

I collaged using papers left from different projects or from scrapbook and  also incorporated what the collage techniques I learnt in Gwen Lafleur's classes.


I used paints, oxides, inks, crayons, colour pencils, posca, acrylic inks and pens with embossing. I have started watching Tim's Saturday videos and have got hooked to Distress products which I used extensively. I also printed out pictures from graphics fairy on rice paper (this doesnt bleed when collaged).


Detailed pictures of each page is in Instagram.






Below picture was done by collaging bits of papers over entire page.











Two fold pages with lot of rich colors.















The ligh bulb and balloon were printed from graphic fairy.


Hope you  liked my BB-8 drawing.



I collaged different pieces and then drew circles and painted around circles. Circles were later stenciled.


Pieces of paper were stenciled into diamond shapes,cut and collaged.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keep going - Week 5 2021

  Hectic week  so a quick card made with texture paste and heat embossing. The focal image was   stamped with wooden blocks with Delicata Ink . Since ink remains wet I was able to pour embossing powder and heat emboss it.

Peek into the jungle beyond - Week 10

  This week SimonsaysStamp Monday challenge was to "Add some green", I combined that with Gwen Lafleur  "Interactive ATC" workshop to create this gorgeous project. I wanted to recreate an old Indian fort window with lovely outer frame and lattice work shutters  for a long time but was blocked on what to add underneath the shutters. Finally I was able to draw the beautiful jungle using different shades of green Distress Oxide and posca pens. The parrots were printed and collaged (Image Credit - freepik) The doodle stencils from Craftangles and Mudra were used to create the topmost layer and were colored with posca pens. The red arch of the window was stamped with Mudra stamp and colored along with  yellow background using DistressOxide . The lattice work was done using Gel paste and Craftangles stencil. Distress glazes in Fossilized Amber and Tattered Rose were added when the paste was wet. When the paste was dry it was heat embossed and the background ...

Patchwork Page - Week 8 2021

  Many a times I dont create for weeks due to various reasons, so this year I resolved to do art every week.  SimonsaysStamp  Monday Challenge became perfect way for me to keep creating with new topic every week. Meanwhile I have huge backlog of Gwen Lafleur classes which I needed to watch and create. I have already started enrolling for her 2021 classes ( do check her blog for details, first one is in March end). So I decided to combine challenge and online class project and result is this week project from Patchwork pages class. Background was collaged with scrapbook papers, collage papers, images and washi tape. Crackle paste and  glass beads paste was applied through stencils. I added brown and  gold to blend papers in certain places and followed rest of steps from class. The patch work was done using Distress paints and then stenciled and stamped. I added mark making with posca pens and golden paints. The medallion was metal piece that w...